Yu's Acupuncture & Wellness, LTD.
Acupuncture is one of the oldest, most commonly used forms of medicine in the world. Originating in China more than 2,500 years ago, acupuncture is currently one of the most thoroughly researched, practiced, and respected forms of complementary medicine available anywhere.
According to Traditional Chinese Medicine, your overall health is determined by the quality of the Qi (energy) flow through the natural pathways of your body (meridians). Acupuncture uses a variety of techniques, including placing very thin sterile needles into specific points on the body, to stimulate and improve your Qi flow. The many benefits of acupuncture include:
- Pain reduction
- Stress and tension relief
- Increased energy levels
- Stronger digestion
- Relief from bad habits and addictions
- Greater sense of overall health and well-being
Pain can be either chronic or acute. Acupuncture can help with pain management and speed up the healing process
When the body doesn’t respond to conventional pain treatment, Acupuncture, the best known alternative treatment for pain, offers relief to people suffering acute pain, chronic pain, neck & shoulder pain, back pain, migraines and other illnesses and injuries. A combination of traditional medicine and acupuncture are often used to combat pain in some patients while others may only respond to acupuncture.
Chronic pain in the muscles and joints can make life miserable. Standard treatments like ice and heat, anti-inflammatory medications, physical therapy, and appropriate exercises can often ease the pain. But when they don’t, acupuncture is an option with a good track record that’s worth considering.
What all this means is that acupuncture is effective for a wide variety of painful conditions and carries little to no risk.
Acupuncture has been used for thousands of years to correct imbalances women experience through all stages of life. Acupuncture has been scientifically proven to address the following conditions:
- Menstrual Irregularities and Pain
- Endometriosis and Fibroids
- Menopausal signs and symptoms such as hot flashes and Insomnia
- Anxiety and Depression
About 12% of all couples in the U.S have a trouble to conceive based on 2003 national summary and fertility clinic report by U.S. Department of Health.
According to the national Center for Health statistics, 9.3 million American women are currently using assisted reproductive technology(ART) services to help them cope with fertility issues. Most widely used is in vitro fertilization (IVF) or intrauterine insemination (IUI).
How does Oriental medicine increase the chances of achieving pregnancy?
- Regulate the Menses: Controlling irregular menstruation can
enable couples to better predict the time of ovulation.
- Increase the uterine lining: Acupuncture can increase the blood
flow to the uterus, resulting in a thicker uterine lining.
- Improve sperm: increase sperm count and sperm motility.
In conjunction with In- Vitro Fertilization (IVF) , Acupuncture may help:
- Regulate the hormones: this is important because a woman’s hormone
levels must fall within a desired range in order to continue with treatment.
- Increase the number of follicles and improve the quality of eggs
produces. Obtaining enough good- quality eggs is the most important factor in
determining whether or not IVF will be successful.
- Increase the likelihood of implantation: Recent German study found
that using acupuncture for patients who undergo assisted reproduction
therapy achieved a 42% clinical pregnancy rate compared to only 26% in the
control group that did not receive acupuncture. When acupuncture and Oriental medicine are used in conjunction with IVF, clinical experience suggests the pregnancy rate can be raised to at least 60%.
- Moderate the side effects of hormone therapy. The medicationsgiven during ART are very powerful and can cause unwanted side effects such as hot flashes, irritability, labile mood, and insomnia. Acupuncture can minimized or eliminated theses unwanted side effects.
- Relieve stress: Fertility issue can be a very stressful, acupuncture increase the level of Beta-Endorphins (the body’s natural feel-good chemical) in the blood.
Once a woman is pregnant, acupuncture can help:
- Prevent miscarriage.
- Relieve morning sickness.
- Correct mal-position of the fetus (Breech presentation).
- Induce labor
- Provide anesthesia during labor
- Relieve post-partum pain and depression
- Promote lactation
Chinese herbal medicine is a 2,000 year old tradition using naturally occurring substances — including herbs — to enhance one's health and vitality. As opposed to Western medicine, the foundation of this approach is to support the body's natural self-healing mechanisms and abilities.
Since each patient has different needs, I carefully select and combine a variety of herbs that will synergistically blend together to achieve optimal results for your unique situation. I prescribe high-quality, professional-grade herbal medicines that are available only to qualified licensed professionals.
Electroacupuncture is a highly effective holistic treatment for pain, nausea, and chronic ailments. In practice, it is actually very similar to traditional acupuncture. Using the exact same system of Chinese Medicine, I insert very thin and sterile needles into specific points along the meridians of your body. I then attach the needles to a device that delivers gentle electrical pulses between two points. This helps restore the healthy flow of Qi (energy) through your body, removing any blockages and clearing out stagnant areas, thus creating a stronger and clearer experience of health and well-being.
Other Conditions Treated
Oriental medicine is a very comprehensive system of medicine. It works with your body to produce true healing instead of suppressing symptoms. These conditions are successfully treated by acupuncture and Oriental medicine:
- Specific conditions treated:
- Fatigue, including chronic fatigue syndrome, or a general feeling of being down.
- Chronic pain, especially joint and muscle pain, arthritis, as well as headaches and other discomforts.
- Skin, such as Acne, Eczema, Psoriasis, Rosacea and any other cosmetic issues.
- Most chronic conditions such as allergies, asthma, and more respond extremely well to acupuncture or herb.
- Mental Health, such as Anxiety, Depression, and stress
- Sleep disturbance, such as insomnia, wake- up at night several times, restless in the morning.
- Other general Well Being.